Friday, December 12, 2008

Goodbye Seattle

Our house sold today at 10:45am.
For real, and true this time, we are free of that burden.

I wish I could tell you that I'm whooping and hollering with joy, and dancing around the house like a maniac, but in reality it was pretty anti-climatic.  The Pope says it is because the house just pales in comparison with the impending birth of the Pup.

I would like to believe that the birth of the Pup is impending, but I'm actually getting fairly discouraged that it will never happen.

And please don't comment and suggest I have sex because honestly, NO.  
I would rather have a root canal than get funky with it at the moment.  
I have never been so lumbering and huge.  
I know exactly what sex does to the cervix, and all of that, and still, there's absolutely no way unless I was drugged into a coma that anyone will be getting their freak on with me.

And so, having used the last of my hip hop analogies for sex, I will go read my book.   

3 comments:

The Buchanans said...

Craig and I tried EVERYTHING to make Isla come...in the end I was induced 12 days after my due date...she finally arrived 13 days late. I still haven't forgiven her!

Hang in there he/she will be here soon!!!

Anonymous said...

On a positive note you sold the house!!!! That's awesome.

More good news, my friend who was due 11/24 had her son at 10:10 AM on 12/12. She too was induced, but I think that was for good measure as something called a "mucus plug" came out on it's own.

Soon enough, soon enough the pup will be here. I'm excited, but then again, I get all the reward and no pain. :)

CLP

Julie said...

YAY!! Congratulations on the sale of the house! And I'm hopin' and prayin' you don't have to wait 12 more days! I hope you're pup is already here. Good luck!!