Sunday, May 20, 2007

I had a dream last night


Overwhelmingly the image was a truck door - closing and ratcheting shut with a lever.
Then the image shifted and I was in a wooded area watching a lady's house. I saw Finny, and some lady was calling him her cat.

I approached the lady, I told her Finny was my cat. She argued with me and I said, HE IS MY CAT! HE IS MY CAT HE IS MY CAT HE IS MY CAT and my voice was so loud I broke all the windows in the world.

My voice was so loud the woman cowered before me.
In the dream I recovered Finny, but he was rather ambivalent about it.

I woke up this morning and was sure that I'd find Finny in one of the two vans that match that description on the street behind mine.
The one house I didn't go up to, because no one was there, the other I knocked on the door and two little girls, left home alone, said, "Who's there???" I said, "I'm looking for my cat."

They opened the door, they couldn't have been more than 8 or 9. I felt so bad for them, because they were scared of me. I handed them a flyer and asked if their parents were home. They seemed to disagree, then finally admitted they were home alone.

I handed them the flyer and told them I had a dream about their van.
THAT seriously freaked them out, or amused them, because the one broke into a huge smile and the other started to shut the door.

I thanked them for their time, and left.
On my way out, I pressed my ear to the back of the van and called loudly for Finny.

I didn't hear anything.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I just read your blog and saw that Finny is missing. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope he comes home soon. I can only imagine what you are going through and I know how painful and sad it must be. Hang in there, perhaps he is just having is big adventure and will be home soon to tell you all about it!

ps-are you pregnant? I just ask because of the supplement thing and some other vague posts about good news. if you are, congratulation!