Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, in grand Salome fashion, I rang in the new year with good friends, good food and a really awesome firework, all of which I viewed through a blur, as I quickly got way too drunk to be understood, and finished the night crying to Lakshmi about Finny.

I miss Finny, still.  You can read about him here, here and here.

(Many thanks to Lakshmi, who sat up and patiently listened to my incoherent weeping.)

We woke up at 1:30pm, with burgeoning colds and ravishing hangovers.
I am up off the couch, where I've been laying prone for many hours, watching a marathon of the Intervention TV show I'm so fond of.

I got up for one very important reason:  to post hello and go to bed.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Especially ALEX!
Congrats and my sincerest wishes for happiness.
(and the obligatory, "It's about time!!")



2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Happy New Year! :)

I had a very similar itinerary yesterday - only leaving the house to let the Chickens out, feed them, and put them back in again last night.

Oh crikey - we sound like the Beverley Hillbillies, don't we - with chickens and stuff.

Alex said...

thanks! i'm so excited and you are right, about bloody time!